Re: Some general facts about panel and gnome

[ I know the message I'm replying to is a month old -- sorry ]

On Thu, Jan 13, 2000 at 06:02:37AM -0600, Miguel de Icaza wrote:
> >  Fact 7: We need to talk to several software vendors to make their
> > stuff support gnome one way or the other! Example: staroffice can plug
> > itself in KDE and CDE. They should do the same with gnome.
>
> Yes, agreed.  Are you interested in pursuing this task?  I would be
> very glad if you took an active role in the GNOME world by doing this
> kind of tasks and pointing out these problems to companies like star
> office.

The problem really isn't so big as it sounds. All that needs to be done is
for some to write a libglade for KDE which generates QT widgets instead of
GTK. Then the SO guys just use .glade files for all their GUI stuff. I know
there are some issues with this, like some widgets that don't exist in
KDE and vice versa, but I believe this can work pretty well.

--
Sarel Botha

99 little bugs in the code, 99 bugs in the code,
          fix one bug, compile it again...
          101 little bugs in the code....