Gnome Dialog redrawing

I'm trying to replace a pixmap that is packed into an hbox after a dialog is
already visible.  I  pack the original GnomePixmap in with pack_start prior
to calling gnome_dialog_run, but doing the same operation on the new pixmap
after run doesn't produce a visible pixmap.  I suspect I've got to tell the
dialog to redraw itself after the new pixmap is packed in, but I'm having
difficulty determining how to do that.  I've tried showing the dialog again,
but that didn't help.  Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Mike