Re: autoconnecting signals with libglade & PyGTK?

 Theres is also a nice glade-to-python converter (actually an
xml-to-python) which supports gtk for now!

 I don't know where it is though, I keep forgetting all the time!

 I don't know if this helps!

On 1/9/00, 2:18:40 PM, Havoc Pennington <hp@redhat.com> wrote regarding
Re: autoconnecting signals with libglade & PyGTK?:

> Jason Tackaberry <tack@linux.com> writes:
> > I have been learning Python over the past few weeks, so I am by no
means an
> > expert.  My hope is to write a series of articles for linux.com, one
of
> > which I would like to demonstrate RAD in Gnome using PyGTK.
> >

> Nice idea! (BTW there was a short article about this somehwere, it's
> in news.gnome.org archives)

> > With libglade (in C) there is a function to autoconnect signals.
There
> > doesn't seem to be any explicit function to do this with PyGTK, but,
near as
> > I can tell, this functionality is supposed to happen automatically.
> >

> You might yank Eider out of CVS (cvs co eider) and look at the code
> (it's a big pain to actually compile though).

> Here's an example from MainWindow.py:

>        def __init__(self):
>                 xml =

libglade.GladeXML(EiderUtils.get_eider_glade_file("eider.g
> lade"), "project-window")
>                 xml.signal_autoconnect (
>                         { "on_open_project_activate" :
self.open_project_cb,
>                           "on_exit_activate" : self.exit_cb,
>                           "on_about_activate" : self.about_cb,
>                           "on_new_project_activate" : self.new_cb,
>                           "on_compile_activate" : self.compile_cb,
>                           "on_api_reference_activate" :
self.apiref_cb,
>                           "on_configure_activate" : self.configure_cb,
>                           "on_autogen_activate" : self.autogen_cb,
>                           "on_full_build_activate" :
self.full_build_cb,
>                           "on_project_properties_activate" :
self.project_properties_cb })