Re: Some general facts about panel and gnome

On Tue, Jan 18, 2000 at 05:25:47PM -0500, Havoc Pennington wrote:
> Elliot Lee <sopwith@redhat.com> writes:
> > Just use URLs. This allows for integration with Nautilus or gnome-url as
> Do file URLs contain the hostname? The problem I'm talking about is
> when a person has a home directory shared between two machines but
> mounted in different places on each, etc.

Yes, they do. the file url format is
file://host/path/from/root/to/file

even if most people skip the //host bit

--
Martijn van Beers  <martijn@earthling.net>

'Don't worry if it sounds odd. Believe me, you are talking to
someone who has seen a lot of stuff that is odd. And I don't
mean biscuits.' --- Arthur Dent