Re: Some general facts about panel and gnome

On Tue, Jan 18, 2000 at 05:52:54PM -0500, Owen Taylor wrote:
> File URLs can definitely contain a hostname.
>
> MC is in fact in violation of the Xdnd xpec on this point by
> dragging File urls _not_ containing a hostname.

Well in fact gnome-libs violates this pretty badly itself,
the gnome_uri_list_extract_filenames function will take
file://host/path/blah.foo and kill the "file:" and return
//host/path/blah.foo, which of course is not too good.

I'll take a look at fixing this.  I think extract_filenames
needs to somehow take urls containing the hostname and only
return files with a local hostname.

George