Re: Some general facts about panel and gnome

On 18 Jan 2000, Havoc Pennington wrote:

> Do file URLs contain the hostname? The problem I'm talking about is
> when a person has a home directory shared between two machines but
> mounted in different places on each, etc.

They can - file://hostname/path (not that anyone ever uses them this way,
nor have I ever seen anything that pays attention to them).

-- Elliot
It is easier to turn excellent functionality into excellent appearance
than excellent appearance into excellent functionality.