widget not properly getting focus

I'm working on a terminal applet called mini-terminal.
I started on it a while ago, but so many bugs popped
up that i took a break and started over from scratch.
Now it is working well, other than a small problem
with the focus.  If another program gets the focus and
then the ZvtTerm in my program gets clicked, it won't
give my applet the focus.  However, if any of the
switch buttons on the bottom of the applet get clicked,
it does get the focus.  Does anybody know why it
might be doing this?

The source is available at:
    ftp://halfline.myip.org/pub/mini-terminal-0.1.tar.gz
    (although this site probably won't be too reliable)

On a side note, does anybody know how to give applet
menus to a widget that is not parented in the applet? My
applet has a mode called extended mode where a
decoration-less window is placed over the applet, so that
the console can be taller than the panel.  I'd like to give
this window the stock popup menus.  I've tried
applet_widget_bind_events, but for some reason it requires
that both parameters passed to it be applet-widgets.

Thanks for any help

--
halfline (Ray Strode)
halfline@hawaii.rr.com    ICQ: 2478600