RE: Meta- and Alt- on gnome-terminal

I have yet to find any reason I would ever need the Alt and Meta keys
to be distinct.  I set my Alt keys to act as both Alt and Meta.  This
pleases emacs in both of its modes, and all of my terminals like it
as well.  It also frees up my windows keys to be mapped as MOD3, MOD4,
and MOD5, which do fun things in my window manager.

On 27-Jul-2000 Amit Kumar wrote:
>         i'm grappling with the eccentricities of keymapping on X,
>         specifically Alt- and Meta- handling, and i had a couple of
>         questions/comments/bug report/feature requests.

Nathan Clegg
 nathan@islanddata.com