Re: Gnome text subsystems

Hello Lauris,

   I think this design you have outlined is missing the "Font" that
the user wants to use.

   I know Owen wants us to use X fonts, but I honestly think that the
sooner we can ignore the existance of X fonts, the better.  And if we
can fully ignore them, all the better.

   Because we wont be able to do any kind of WYSIWYG with X fonts, and
hoping that we will do a good enough job at matching this font for
printing.

   What I would like to see is a mechanism in which we could "upload"
a rasterized font that we generated from a Type1/TrueType font.

Miguel.