Re: FYI: Mac OS X Desktop

    Erik> Alpha transparency and server-side accelerated (MMX or hardware) scaling
    Erik> (to enable lens effect and such) shouldn't be that hard, someone just has
    Erik> to sit down and write the protocol, server code, driver accelerations,
    Erik> toolkit modifications, window manager, and apps to do it.  Personally, I
    Erik> would love to have the option of judiciously using alpha transparency and
    Erik> application/icon lensing, as both could enhance my workspace (for the
    Erik> record, I think candy is cool, but I have no use for non-functional
    Erik> candy).

Would Alpha transparency be so difficult to implement on client-side ?
It seems to me that it would be quite easy to implement this with a
little bit of help from the WindowManager (take a screenshot of that
portion of screen, mix it with new image object, put resulting image
on screen).
Maybe the speed (or slowness) wouldn't be worth it....