Re: Mac-style menus

On Thu, Jun 08, 2000 at 06:36:24PM +0100, Michael Rogers wrote:

> > I'm still convinced that the best way to do this is to create a
> > Menu Applet which apps will send their menus to.
>
> I think you could just add code to GnomeApp which marks the menubar window
> with a "this is a menubar" property. One line of code.  :)  The window manager

I just played around a bit with SawFish's `matched windows' feature. If
GnomeApp set the title, class, or some other attribute to a special value
(eg: class=gnome-app-menu), then it would be trivial to automatically set
the position of all detached menus to (0,0) making the currently focussed
app's menu come to the front is slightly trickier, but I'm sure it could be
done in 10 lines of lisp :-)

Ian

--
Ian  McKellar |    Email: yakk(a)yakk.net |    Web: http://www.yakk.net/
Area: +61 (8) | Home: 9389 9152 | Fax/Voice: 9260 2903 | Work: 9384 4700