Monitoring change in a ZvtTerm

Hi everybody,
I'm working on a terminal applet.
http://165.248.128.118/mini-terminal/mini-terminal/mini-terminal-0.1.tar.gz
is the URL.
It supports mutliple consoles and because of that, i'd like to
provide visual feedback when one of the not visible consoles
changes.  What would be the best way to do that? Does ZvtTerm
have a signal that I can attach a callback to,
or is there a File descriptor that I can monitor? Right now i
think i'm going to grab the contents of the console periodically
and check for changes that way, but it seems kind of kludgy.  Is there a
better way?

--
halfline (Ray Strode)
halfline@hawaii.rr.com