MNG for gdk_pixbuf and gimp

Does anyone know if gdk_pixbuf and the gimp will be supporting the MNG format
anytime soon? Initially I've used gif's to store animations. But gif's
have the license problem and also doesn't support partial tranparency, so
I've been saving animations as frames placed side by side in a PNG. If both
the above programs support MNG soon, making an animation in the gimp
and using it in gdk_pixbuf will be tons easier. (While on that topic, I have
a feature request - an animation canvas widget. I'm starting to work on
one myself, but wanted to make sure it hasn't already been started.)

	= L

|   LOBAN AMAAN RAHMAN  <-- anagram of -->  AHA! AN ABNORMAL MAN!   |
|  MSC #763, Caltech, Pasadena, CA 91126, USA. Tel: 1-626-395-1406  |
|     loban@earthling.net, loban@caltech.edu, http://i.am/loban     |