Gnomecc .desktop strangeness

I have a hard time understanding Gnomecc's .desktop files under
/usr/share/control-center/. It seems like the Exec= line must exactly
match the name of the capplet binary, otherwise it is impossible to start
the capplet from commandline.

For example, in /usr/share/control-center/Peripherals/cd.desktop, changing
Exec=cd-capplet to Exec=env cd-capplet makes cd-capplet fail if started
from commandline. It still works from within Gnomecc.

Why is this? This seems like a bug to me.

(Actually, during my tests, it happened that *another* capplet started,
not the binary I ran.)

--
/Peter Astrand <altic@lysator.liu.se>