Re: Rebooting and halting the system in gnome

This can be solved via PAM, at least on recent RedHat systems. Look in
/etc/pam.d. In { halt, poweroff, reboot, shutdown } (don't known which is
the one, test...), remove the line

auth       required /lib/security/pam_pwdb.so

It works for me...

(Side note: Anyone knows how to set up a RedHat box to boot and start
Gnome with a guest user without logging in?)

/Peter Astrand