Re:Detect PPP interface ?

 Magnus> Hi ...
 Magnus> I am writing a simple ppp0 dialer ... and I wonder if anyone knows how
 Magnus> to detect if ppp0 is up and running in a simple way ... Would also be
 Magnus> nice to to get some status stuff too =)

 Magnus> All in this in GNOME of course =)

Try to open /proc/net/dev and scan for any  ppp interface. It is the
most reliable way, at least under linux.

--
Daniel M. German                  "As De Gaulle used to say:
                                   'Aim well, shoot fast