Re: "wait for" patch for gnome-session

On Fri, 30 Jun 2000, Tom Tromey wrote:
:
: Adrian> I also patched the session-properties-capplet to include a
: Adrian> checkbox for setting the WaitFor flag.
:
: I'd rather have the Gnome ssh-add GUI know to do this (and to set
: restartanyway) automatically.

Do you think having a checkbox in the capplet is more generically
applicable, though? I may not have explained it very well, but WaitFor
works for any program started by gnome-session... although right now I
only have the GUI for manually started programs. I was just using ssh-add
as an example.

Unless I'm not understanding what you're saying.

: My understanding is that right now you have to create a .Xclients that
: says "exec ssh-agent gnome-session" in order to have this work.  I'd
: much prefer to see this done via some more user-friendly mechanism,
: like a checkbox in the control center.

Yeah, but how? Just have control-center write out an .Xclients? What kind
of interface are you imagining?

   - A

--
It's like getting a scalp massage from Lucifer.