RE: Corel Printing API

> gnome-print is strong on the imaging/API side for the generation of
> the printer material.  But it lacks good control of the printing
> process and the spooling process.

What about LPRng? It's a control freak's dream and absolutely bulletproof. I
have several printservers (I manage a student network at a university)
running in some puny little boxes doing printer management and accounting.
It saved my butt over and over...
The configuration's a bitch though. I'd love to see the LPRng *.conf files
organized using XML or something with structuring...