Dependacies of gnome-dialog

Here are several assumtions/questions I have please let me know
which are correct and which are not.

It seems to me that a gtk program has a wider audience than a gnome audience
because
gtk can be linked in and nothing more than X is needed. Also gtk has been
ported
to windows.

One of the big advantages of gnome is not having to do your own dialogs. Can
gnome dialogs be used to create a program and have the resulting program not
be
dependant on any run time enviroment (i.e. GNOME)

What I'm trying to do is make an app that can be compiled for both linux
and windows. If it can use gtk for windows that would help great deal but
also
not having to keep two seperate sets of dialogs would be better still.