Re: Frigging Packaging formats useless discussion

> 	If you don't care, just delete the emails.  But package
> distribution is a very important topic.

No it is not.  This thread is now dead.

We've gone through this many times in the past - GNOME targets many
platforms, most of which have their own native packaging format.  We
don't want to and can't change them so don't bring it up here.  This
list is for helping people develop GNOME applications, not for debating
the various pros and cons of packaging systems.

-Jonathan