Re: window-in-window MDI

On Thu, Mar 16, 2000 at 10:30:02AM -0300, Sergio A. Kessler wrote:

> ># ok, this means that if I and a bunch of guys request whatever stupid
> ># feature (and people agree that _is_ a stupid feature) to be included
> ># in gnome libs (let take apart the bloat) it would be included ?
> ># wow ...
>
> >There's degrees of stupidness and relevance. :-)
>
> >In my (very) humble opinion, whether a feature should be included or not
> >should be based on a number of factors:
> [snip of complicated questions]
>
> you seem complicated (maybe is why you want wiw mdi)
>
> simpler questions:
>
> - is this a good feature ?
> - there are better alternatives ?
>
> if the reply is 'no', 'yes', well ...

It always seemed to me that WIW MDI existed because MS didn't want a
global menubar, and they still needed a way to have application-global
menus.

Solve the app menubar problem, and WIW MDI should no longer be
necessary.  Though I don't see the harm in allowing it, defaulted to
off possibly.

--aidan