Re: window-in-window MDI

As far as I can tell, this is the state of play at the moment:

Pros
----

- People want it
- It's already implemented
- It's only an option
- control-center will have an option to prevent applications from forcing
  it on
- Removing it won't be overly difficult in future, if needs be

Cons
----

- Many people don't like it, and see it as a bad design
- It requires WM support in order to function
- It would have to be maintained

The first [Con] doesn't count, because it's opinion, despite it being a
widespread opinion - and is negated by the fact that nobody's forcing
anybody to use it (and those people can use control-center to make sure
it's never enabled).

Surely I've missed something out of those lists?

--
Mo McKinlay                                T: +44 (0) 709 22 55 05  x1
Chief Software Architect                   F: +44 (0) 709 22 55 05  x3