Glade problems...

I've been sitting here for the past couple of hours trying to get the
code that glade generates to compile, but I've had no luck :(. It all
comes to sudden halt when the configure file is going to be processed.
Here are to errors:

processing .
deletefiles is
Creating ./aclocal.m4 ...
Running gettextize...  Ignore non-fatal messages.
You should update your own `aclocal.m4' by adding the necessary
macro packages gettext.m4, lcmessage.m4 and progtest.m4 from
the directory `/aclocal'
Making ./aclocal.m4 writable ...
Running aclocal  -I macros ...
aclocal: configure.in: 17: macro `AM_PATH_GTK' not found in library
aclocal: configure.in: 17: macro `AM_PATH_GTK' not found in library
Running autoheader...
Running automake --gnu  ...
macros/Makefile.am:33: INSIDE_GNOME_COMMON does not appear in
AM_CONDITIONAL
src/Makefile.am:15: variable `GNOME_LIBDIR' not defined
src/Makefile.am:15: variable `GNOMEUI_LIBS' not defined
src/Makefile.am:15: variable `INTLLIBS' not defined
Running autoconf ...
Running ./configure --enable-maintainer-mode --enable-compile-warnings
./configure: syntax error near unexpected token
`AM_INIT_AUTOMAKE(project1,'
./configure: ./configure: line 524: `AM_INIT_AUTOMAKE(project1, 0.1)'

My eyes are bleding from reading the documentation for the auto tools
and trying to understand what goes wrong. I'm currently almost more
confused than I was in the beginning ;-). I'm running:
automake 1.4
autoconf 2.13
glade 0.5.7 (I know it's not the stable version, but it worked fined
last time I tested it)

Ideas anyone?

Regards,

Jörgen Lundberg