Re: How do I open a gmc window from another app?

>  The "browse..." menu in the drivemount_applet is currently broken, I
>  can't seem to fix it. Here is what I have (tried):
>
>          const char *buf[2];
>
>          buf[0] = dd->mount_point;	/* string holding location to open
>  */
>          buf[1] = NULL;
>
>          goad_server_activate_with_repo_id(NULL,
>
>  "IDL:GNOME/FileManager/Window:1.0",
>                                            0, buf);
>
>  What am I doing wrong?

You need to activate the window factory and then call the
create_window method on it.  Please look at mc/gnome/gmc-client.c for
a simple example.

(gmc-client is broken in that it does not check for exceptions, but
that does not affect what you are in essence trying to do).

  Federico