Re: GNOME 1.1.90

Tue May 09 2000, Kenneth Christiansen ->
> Some time ago there was created a lot on .desktop files for all kinds
> of applications...shouldn't these be integrated?

I think the best solution is to have the .desktop files distributed with
the application in question.

Separate .desktop files should only be provided if the program vendor
refuses to distribute them with the application.

This is so that you don't have to have all sorts of scripts to install
the right .desktop files when installing Gnome. They should be installed
by the application.

	n.

--
[ http://www.dtek.chalmers.se/~d95mback/ ] [ PGP: 0x453504F1 ] [ UIN: 4439498 ]
    Opinions expressed above are mine, and not those of my future employees.