Re: Fix del key patch for Gnome-Terminal

> Ali Abdin <aliabdin@aucegypt.edu> writes:
>
> > It does appear to be a gnome-terminal brokeness because EVERYTHING ELSE
> > WORKS. Every Gtk+ widget supports this, Every GNOME widget supports this.
> > Every (X) application I've tried supports this. So it does appear to be an
> > isolated problem with gnome-terminal.
>
> Does it work in xterm, rxvt, eterm, etc?  Terminals handle backspace
> and delete (and function keys and a bunch of other keys) a lot
> differently than X applications.  One problem with this thing in
> particular is that there's no clear standard as to what the Delete key
> should send on a terminal.

Yes - that was the point I was trying to make. It works in ALL OTHER
TERMINALS :) I've tried xterm and eterm actually, not rxvt.

Would it make better sense to have the 'delete' and 'backspace' keys
user-configurable (much like the 'menu' key and the 'Run Dialog' is).

I think that may be a better solution. And if somebody wants to keep both
of them equal - voila, they can.