Canvas change in gnome 1.2 (helix)

I'm writing a gnome application that uses the gnome canvas (antialiased) and
when I switched from gnome 1.0.54 to gnome 1.2, some things started to look
ugly. More specifically, I have boxes that contain text and I use the text size
to find the right size for the box. I don't know why, the boxes are now way to
large (almost a factor of 2 in some cases). Any idea what changed and how to fix
that?

	Jean-Marc Valin

--
Jean-Marc Valin
Universite de Sherbrooke - Genie Electrique