gnome 1.2, localisation and C++ streams

Hi,

I have just upgraded to gnome 1.2 and noticed it caused very undesirable effects
with C++ streams. My language settings are set to french. I noticed that calling
gnome_init(...) changes the way C++ streams print and parse decimal numbers. For
instance,
cout << 1.2 << endl;
causes "1,2" to be printed, instead of "1.2". Though the comma (,) is the
correct decimal mark in french, this breaks nearly everything that reads/parse
floating point numbers. Is this supposed to be a feature (if so, I call it a
stupid feature)? Any way to revert that (other that going back to gnome 1.0)?

	Jean-Marc Valin

--
Jean-Marc Valin
Universite de Sherbrooke - Genie Electrique