Re: Canvas change in gnome 1.2 (helix)

On Sat, May 27, 2000 at 08:46:11AM +1000, Nathan Hurst wrote:
> More importantly, can we gather all the people who are interested in a new
> font toolkit together so we find out what exists, and try and a) do it
> properly, and b) minimised excess work.

I am interested, although most interested in Type 1 and OpenType support,
since there are so many poor quality TT fonts in the world, and the
application I'm most interested in is for high-end typography, with
extended clyph sets (Adobe's expert font sets, for example).

LibArt is going in a promising direction -- promising enough that that's
one of the reasons why I chose to look at gnome in the first place.

Lee

--
Liam Quin - Barefoot in Toronto - liam@holoweb.net - http://www.holoweb.net/
Ankh on irc.sorcery.net http://valinor.sorcery.net/