Re: Canvas change in gnome 1.2 (helix)

On Fri, 26 May 2000, Lauris Kaplinski wrote:

> AFAIK it would be nice to derive this complex beast from CanvasGroup,
> consisting of multiple simpler (single font) text items.

Possibly, but the big problems would be: speed.  Canvas group doesn't seem
too fast, and the memory overheads may be getting a tad big for realistic
operation(In my XML browser I want to be able to display 1000s of words).

I'll wait until we have an interested group, then we can try and meet on
IRC and thrash out the issues.  (living in .au means that the best time
for me + .us is morning here = 9pm there.)  #font on irc.gnome.org.

njh