Re: Fixed: My CORBA problems (explanation and questions)

On Tue, 30 May 2000 08:50:46 you wrote:
> I don't see a need really. The user can only get things into his own filespace by
> passing the --prefix, so he is at liberty to use whatever he wants. The defaults
> are for systemwide installation, which is the way it should be.
>
> iain

Balsa has a configure option '--disable-system-install', so that things will be
installed in Gnome's prefix by default, but when specified everything will be
relative to $(prefix). After configure we print out a little summary that
basically says:

   Prefix: $(prefix)
   System install (may require root privileges): $(enable_system_install)

That's the best solution we could come up with.

--
Peter Williams peter@newton.cx