Re: Fixed: My CORBA problems (explanation and questions)

> What I'm asking is whether there is an appropriate place for
> ~/my/stupid/private/CORBA/doodahs ?

No.

>  For example if the user passed
> --prefix=/usr/local to my Makefile should the CORBA file now go in
> /usr/local/etc/CORBA (I'm presuming here that his GNOME installation is in
> /usr and not /usr/local) ?

Yes, but it will break unless you set GNORBA_thingy.

> If he is building it somewhere for his own personal use shouldn't we
> standardise on where in your home directory you should put your CORBA
> files? (e.g. ~/.gnome/CORBA or something).
>
> It doesn't seem unreasonable to me to have a local installation of a
> program; GNOME has the environment variables to set up your own paths but
> I think it is useful to have sensible defaults.

I don't see a need really. The user can only get things into his own filespace by
passing the --prefix, so he is at liberty to use whatever he wants. The defaults
are for systemwide installation, which is the way it should be.

iain