Re: Pointer possition

On Tue, 7 Nov 2000, [ISO-8859-1] José Antonio Caminero Granja wrote:

> Hello,
> 	I want to code a "gnoOdometer", like famous "XOdometer". Because
> monitoring all X events is impossible if window manager is present -also,
> this is inefficient- and I need to know where pointer is to calculate
> distances, How can I know where pointer is if it's outside of
> "gnoOdometer" window?.
There are at least two odometer applets: one in the gnome-applets package
and the other one (mine) can be found at
http://pluton.ijs.si/~jaka/godo-1.0.tar.gz. The latter one is based on
XOdometer, sporting a number of units to measure the distance your
pointer has travelled, from light nanoseconds to nautical miles, while the
former one features fancy displays.

If you really want to code another one, take a look at my
implementation's source code for an answer to your question.

regards,
	jaKa