Re: ANNOUNCE: PonG 0.5 "4 just isn't prime enough"

--- George <jirka 5z com> wrote:

> On Fri, Nov 24, 2000 at 12:50:40AM -0800, Dirk
> Vangestel wrote:
> > We're actually looking into adding more
> functionality
> > into gIDE, and PonG seems like a nice thing to
> add.
> > We're trying to do most of the inter-operation
> using
> > bonobo though, so George, if you have a few
> minutes...
> > ;-) At this moment the debugger and the editor are
> > already separate bonobo components.
> > Disclaimer: I haven't tried PonG yet, so I can't
> make
> > a real judgement.
>
> Well, I haven't tried gIDE yet so we're on equal
> footing :).  I will take a
> look at it perhaps this weekend to see how pong
> could "plug in".

gIDE is in flux right now, so it's actually not that
good timing wise to look at it right now. But if you
do, bonobo-gide is the branch on which all the
development happens.

> I suppose all that gIDE needs to do to support .pong
> is to:
>
> Add .pong file to the makefile magic, do the gettext
> dance for it, link with
> the pong library, and be able to launch pong-edit.
> I guess this should all
> be done in concert with gconf support, as pong-edit
> also allows you to
> generate .schema files for gconf.  However it
> doesn't allow you to read it
> schema files, just generate them from a .pong file

The makefile stuff (actually the whole project
management) is to be replaced 'soon', with auto*
support (which it doesn't have yet). Inserting one
more lib shouldn't be a problem. As for launching
pong-edit that's easy since we've got a plugin
architecture.

Dirk