Re: gtk_widget_show() doesn't "show".

On Thu, 30 Nov 2000, Evan Martin wrote:

> On Thu, Nov 30, 2000 at 02:11:03PM -0800, James K. Wiggs wrote:
> >    I then use the values of view_width and view_height, along with the
> > canvas scroll region, to set the canvas-to-window affine.  The problem
> > is this: view_width and view_height *always* get set to 0.  I even know
> > *why* this is the case: the scrolled window hasn't been "shown" yet.  I
> > have explicit calls to gtk_widget_show() for *every* widget in the
> > heirarchy as I create them, but the window does not appear on screen
> > until *all* of the notebook pages have been created.  Can anybody tell
> > me why this is the case?
> A widget isn't shown until all of its parents are shown,
> including the toplevel window.

   That's the problem; I *am* explicitly showing *every* widget in the
heirarchy from the toplevel window on down as I create them.  But the
window still doesn't show up until the end.  Perhaps that wasn't clear
from my post when I put "shown" in parentheses, basically I meant that
the gtk_widget_show() call I did on the scrolled window had no effect.