Problems with the "intl" directory.

For some reason all my "intl" directories got screwed up.
I have tried to find out how to fix this problem without
success. Here are the symptoms :

Say I get a package from cvs (which does not contain
the intl directory, when I run ./autogen --foo --foo2
this is what I get :

[chema suzzy gnome-print-admin]$ jmca.sh  (jmca.sh runs autogen with options)
processing .
deletefiles is  macros/gnome-gettext.m4
Creating ./aclocal.m4 ...
Running gettextize...  Ignore non-fatal messages.
Shall I run config.status? (y/N)
You should update your own `aclocal.m4' by adding the necessary
macro packages gettext.m4, lcmessage.m4 and progtest.m4 from
the directory `/aclocal'
Making ./aclocal.m4 writable ...
Running libtoolize...
[...snip, everything looks normal ]
checking for working aclocal... found
checking for working autoconf... found
checking for working automake... found
checking for working autoheader... found
checking for working makeinfo... found
[....snip, everything looks normal]
creating po/Makefile.in
creating intl/Makefile
sed: can't read ./intl/Makefile.in: No such file or directory
creating data/Makefile
creating data/ppds/Makefile
[... snip, everything looks normal]
Now type `make' to compile Gnome Print Admin

[chema suzzy gnome-print-admin]$ make
cd . && autoheader
make  all-recursive
make[1]: Entering directory `/home/chema/cvs/gnome-print-admin'
Making all in intl
make[2]: Entering directory `/home/chema/cvs/gnome-print-admin/intl'
make[2]: *** No rule to make target `all'.  Stop.
make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/chema/cvs/gnome-print-admin/intl'
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/chema/cvs/gnome-print-admin'
make: *** [all-recursive-am] Error 2

[chema suzzy gnome-print-admin]$ cd intl/
[chema suzzy intl]$ ls
Makefile  VERSION  po2tbl.sed

This problem started happening after I messed my gnome pretty
bad, and reinstalled it from the Helix-CD.

Any ideas on what to look for ?

Thanks for you help

Chema