Re: Proxy seetings and other desktop issues

Telsa Gwynne <hobbit aloss ukuu org uk> writes:

> The only thing I wonder: I came across a mention of the "environment
> variables http_proxy and ftp_proxy" recently. Um. In a bug report, of
> all things :) http://bugs.gnome.org/db/75/7503.html mentions them. I
> have never met them. I cannot find them in 'man bash'. I don't know
> what introduced them. Lynx has something like them in the lynx.cfg file,
> but I thought they must be Lynx-specific.

In addition, arena and wget support them (and no_proxy, BTW).  On SuSE
Linux you can provide values for these variables via /etc/rc.config and
they'll end up in an /etc/profile component.

GNOME should try to honor these settings.

--
work : ke suse de                          |                   ,__o
     : http://www.suse.de/~ke/             |                 _-\_<,