Re: global (MacOS Style) menubar applet

La plume légère, à Fri, Oct 27, 2000 at 10:31:32PM +0000, heure d'inpiration,
Iain écrivait en ces mots:
> a) It was designed when screens were smaller. I remember using a Mac at the start of the 90s
> and the Amiga had it too (although it was hidden until you pushed the right mouse button),
> and from what I the screen resolutions were about 640*256 (or 200 if you used NTSC amiga).
> Having more than one application onscreen was not really an option, so because an app was
> usually fullscreen, having the menubar at the top of the screen didn't make much difference.

The first Macs had a 9 inch screen.

> So, from what I can gather, this is only really useful if you've got a 640*480 screen,
> have click to focus or one application maximised onscreen at once, and only use GNOME apps.
> In other words, not a great number of people.

I think this is mainly a matter of taste. Personnally I still use the
click-to-focus, because I am used to it. If people want their application
menu at the top of their screen, so be it. Anyway, one could argue about
the dockability of a gnome menu too...

A chicken is an egg's way of producing more eggs.