Re: global (MacOS Style) menubar applet

Iain <tigermilk btinternet com> writes:

> <semi-rant time> Personally, I don't see the point of this UI
> "improvement" at all.

It's an option.  Some people like it.  You don't.

Personally, I have a 1400x1050 screen and would like it.  Even at that
size, I'd like to increase my useful screen real-estate and get rid of
menubars.  Furthermore, with a trackpoint, it's very easy to shoot the
cursor to the top of the screen, but less easy to hit the menubar
where ever it lies.  (Personally, I'd say if it's hard for you to
mouse from one side of the screen to the other your mouse is
misconfigured, but that's just me.)

But basically, it's an option.  Just like click-to-focus or
focus-follows-mouse.

--
Alan Shutko <ats acm org> - In a variety of flavors!
14 days, 17 hours, 46 minutes, 42 seconds till we run away.