Re: global (MacOS Style) menubar applet

On Friday, October 27, 2000 22:31 +0000, Iain <tigermilk btinternet com> wrote:
+-----
| <semi-rant time>
| Personally, I don't see the point of this UI "improvement" at all.
+--->8

Because some people are *used to it*. Why force them to learn a whole new way of doing things all at once when they can instead quickly make GNOME work the way they are used to?

Also, not everyone likes focus-follows-mouse. I tend to switch between the two because sometimes click-to-focus just "works better" for me; other times, focus-follows-mouse ("sloppy focus" style) "works better" for me. It depends on what I'm doing.

"I don't like it, therefore it's bad and I should flame people who want it" is a lousy way to decide UI issues.

--
brandon s. allbery     [os/2][linux][solaris][japh]    allbery kf8nh apk net
system administrator        [WAY too many hats]          allbery ece cmu edu