Re: Berkeley DB : Solaris : gnome-libs

On 09/13/00 00:55:24 +1100, "David T. Bath" <bathd edipost auspost com au> wrote:
+-----
| sparc rpm files into cpio files, then simply unpack.
| While many files look for librt.so.x, copy libposix4.so.x
| to librt.so.x and the basic tools work.  You will need
| to edit the gnome-config script, replacing -lrt with
| -lposix4.  You can then start recompiling things like
| libgtop and gtop (getting rid of the libgen.so dependency).
+--->8

Uh, you're doing something seriously wrong if you need to copy libraries to satisfy dependencies. I've been building the Helix GNOME SRPMs on DU4.0, RH5.2, SuSE6.3/6.4, and Solaris 2.6 and 7 without any such hackery.

--
brandon s. allbery     [os/2][linux][solaris][japh]    allbery kf8nh apk net
system administrator        [WAY too many hats]          allbery ece cmu edu