Re: Some proposed package removals and additions

[ Sorry for replying so late ]

> It doesnt have to be about gtkhtml being the wonder widget. Its about choice and
> making use of the component model. Its aboput saying
>
> 'THis is gtkhtml - good for smaller hosts, this is embedded mozilla which  does
>  full 4.0 standards compliant dom, css, etc etc'.
>
> The whole point of a pluggable component module to an end user is controlling
> their environment. Picking gtkhtml on a small box is a glorified version of
> choosing a blue background or vi as an editor.

I very much agree with this.

For the foreseable future, we will (helix) keep maintaining GtkHTML as
a small HTML rendering engine.  We are not developing a web browser
with it, but if someone wants to they are welcome to.

(Currently, I rather use Netscape than Mozilla and Mozilla over
testgtkhtml :-)

Best wishes,
Miguel.