Re: Just an interesting idea...

"Andreas L. Gustafsson" wrote:

> On Fri, 15 Sep 2000, Iain wrote:
>

> > > A helper like the Micro$oft Assistant? Excuse a newbie to the
> > > gnome-dev-world, but this sounds like a good way to make a lot of people
> > > who has fled to Linux (from windoze) go away again. That little paperclip
> > > is known as the "annoying fucker" amongst the people I know...
> >
> > Actually, newbies like it a lot.
>
> Even Linux newbies who has Windows experience?
>
> > My mother (who is totally computer illiterate) loves it,
> > because it gives her a face to shout at when something
> > goes wrong. Also, if they are done right (ie, not popping up at random times
> > to tell you that you're typing a letter), they can be very helpful.
>
> Something to shout at?! :)

Try a picture of Bill Gates, or your best politician, or your Boss...

> But helpful? I believe it when I see it...

Well if you could zap it, punch it, slap it, stamp on it, nuke it, it would be
helpful...for your stress level...

Or better throw at it a custard pie, when the advice is stupid...

Some of the help could be:

Do you want me to show you how to:
type a letter
spell check the document