Re: GTK emebedded

On Tue, 19 Sep 2000, Ian McKellar wrote:

> If the proprietary (clean room) GDK is part of the OS there is no problem
> linking GPLed apps against them. I stand by this statement - I don't like it,
> but thats what the GPL allows. How is a proprietary GDK different from a
> proprietary libX or Motif?

RTFL -

:However, as a special exception,
:the source code distributed need not include anything that is normally
:distributed (in either source or binary form) with the major
:components (compiler, kernel, and so on) of the operating system on
:which the executable runs, unless that component itself accompanies
:the executable.

This means you can't ship proprietary GDK _with_ a modified GTK.

--
Robert