Re: canvas questions

> So, I would like to know if it is possible to set the canvas background
> and how.

The best way to do this is to create a canvas rect item, and place it at the
back.

> And I have some problems to understand how the canvas work when a
> windows (which contains just a canvas) is resized.
> Is the canvas resized with the windows or is it still have its size ?

The canvas has no size. It is infinite, therefore when the window is
resized,
more or less of the canvas is shown.

> If
> it is resized what about the coordinates ?

They stay the same, unless you haven't set the scroll region (with
gnome_canvas_set_scroll_region)
in which case 0,0 is centred.

> Have you got a document which explains exactly how it works ? I am using
> GTK/Gnome application development to learn.

GGAD is about the most comprehensive guide there is I think.

iain