Re: GTK, wizards, KDE

On Tue, Apr 03, 2001 at 06:58:46AM -0400, Miguel de Icaza wrote:
> > I think the coolest thing was back when Havoc was still producing GNOME
> > Weekly Newsletters, and he included a list of the most active projects and
> > contributors, based on CVS checkins.
>
> We should have an automated script that publishes this on a
> daily/weekly/monthly basis.  Now we just need a volunteer to put this
> together.

I'm happy to volunteer for this task - I need to write a similar script
shortly anyway.

Unless there is already a mailing list onto which all CVS commits are
posted, this would best be done as a cron job on the CVS server itself.

Is it possible to get access to this machine, or
alternatively have someone add a line to the CVS setup to mail me the
commit messages, and I can run the script on my own machine?

> > gnome-libs HEAD, god those were the days...). Of course, it may not work
> > at all now, with all the Ximian and Eazel hackers who do gnome hacking
> > professionally (not that there's anything wrong with that, but it will
> > skew the results).
>
> We could split this: global GNOME hacking, individual GNOME
> contributions, company contributions.
>
> Wow!  I am all excited!

:-)  I see an opportunity for pretty graphs... :-)

Paul