Re: GTK, wizards, KDE

I really like the idea of lowering the barriers to entry for
gnome. Something that has worked for the Abiword project are "Projects of
the Week". POW's, Someone then claims the project with a ZAP, when
completed they announce a SHAZAM. It's fun. It lowers the barrier to
contribution, pulls in new developers and it actually works. We'be got
lots of good code and new developers this way.

These are collected in a webpage and as they are finished they're crossed
off the list.

One small word of caution, writing up a good POW is non trivial for
something non-trivial. It works best if a lead developer knows almost
exactly what's needed and writes up what the POW accordingly. This of
course takes time away from hacking....

Cheers

Martin