Re: Failures compiling 1.4: esd error in control-center

Christian Marillat wrote:

> These files are there :
>
> http://packages.debian.org/unstable/x11/gnome-control-center.html

Well, all of those packages are linked against libc6 2.2.1, while potato
has 2.1.x something, so they aren't going to install.

What do you recommend I do. Download the source packages from that link,
and compile those? Surely they aren't going to be any better than the
generic packages I've already got? If so, can I automate the compilation
using dpkg?

> And if you want to compile Gnome 1.4 for potato, this is better to make
> debian package.

I don't really care how I do it as long as it works!

Cheers,
--
Chris Howells
E-Mail: chris h gmx co uk