Re: replacement for batteryapplet in GNOME 2.0

On Thu, Apr 12, 2001 at 06:25:13PM +0200, Mikael Hallendal wrote:
> I dropped the author a mail asking him if he would mind moving the
> source to gnomecvs instead of sourceforge.

We also need to be more strict on the policies for new applets to be shipped.
They need to support the size and orientation hints.  I suppose supporting
24-48 pixel sizes is enough and both orientations of those.  When I looked at
the page it almost seemed like the layout was part of the battery preference,
rather then taken from the size given by the panel, and this would be bad, by
default it should take these things from the panel size/orientation.  Of
course I haven't tried that applet so maybe it does that.  Another concern is
that it cannot be a shlib applet (not sure if it is).  shlib is very bad in
anything reading /proc/apm because that makes things crash on many platforms.
It could the the evil panel trick of testing if /proc/apm will seg the
process before it runs.

George

--
George <jirka 5z com>