About XKB switcher (Was: Re: replacement for batteryapplet in GNOME 2.0)

Hi all

I think some XKB users could find useful replacing "GKB Keyboard
switcher" with GSwitchIt (http://gswitchit.sourceforge.net). With
XFree86/XKB, GSwitchIt works (in contrast to gkb). The only problem now
with GSwitchIt is incompatibility of GConf and applets - but it
hopefully will be fixed before GNOME 2.0.
Any comments/objections?
I know I am not too shy but I really guess GSwitchIt is better for
XKB...
Probably, instead of replacing, it would be possible just to add this
applet (in order not to disturb users of xmodmap)?

Cheers,

Sergey